Everything Salmon Burgers with Scallion Sour Cream-Cream Cheese Sauce2015-08-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 30m
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, (recommended: Montreal Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 cup softened cream cheese
- 3 scallions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Green leaf lettuce, for topping
- Sliced beefsteak or vine ripe tomato, for topping
- Sliced red onion, for topping
- Crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
Place salmon in food processor and pulse to coarse grind meat to form burgers. Transfer fish to a mixing bowl and season with grill seasoning, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, and dill. Mix and form 4 patties. Drizzle the burgers with extra-virgin olive oil.
Cook burgers 3 minutes on each side for a pink center, 4 to 5 minutes on each side for fully cooked fish.
While burgers cook, combine in a bowl the cream cheese and the scallions and fold in sour cream and lemon juice.
Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and sauce on crusty, toasted buns.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008