Mediterranean Cod Packets2015-06-16
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
- 1 pound small Yukon gold potatoes, sliced about inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 4 skinless center-cut wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 15 -ounce can cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Tear off four 16-inch sheets of parchment paper. Make the packets (see photo gallery): Arrange about one-quarter of the potato mixture on one sheet of parchment; top with a cod fillet and about one-quarter each of the olives and tomatoes (along with some liquid from the can). Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Seal as directed. Repeat to make 3 more packets; divide between 2 baking sheets.
Transfer to the oven and bake until the parchment puffs and the liquid is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before opening.
Meanwhile, mix the butter, chives, lemon zest and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Carefully open the packets; top with the chive butter.
Photograph by David Malosh
You can assemble any of these parchment packets up to 4 hours ahead and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine