Salmon Cakes With Salad2015-06-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
- 3 7 .5-ounce cans salmon, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons tartar sauce, plus more for serving (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups (about 8 ounces) mixed baby greens
Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons tartar sauce, the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay, and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
Put the remaining 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 more minutes.
Add the greens to the bowl with the dressing and toss. Serve the salmon cakes with the salad, more tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 543; Fat 34 g (Saturated 6 g); Cholesterol 157 mg; Sodium 1,106 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 37 g
Photograph by Christopher Testani
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine