Salmon Sandwiches with Fries2015-07-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
- 1 large bag (about 26 ounces) frozen french fries
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean-spiced sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon each lemon pepper seasoning and herbes de Provence)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle, minced, plus 2 tablespoons brine from the jar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher salt
- 4 6 -ounce skinless center-cut salmon fillets (preferably wild)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 onion kaiser rolls
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes, for serving
Meanwhile, make the tartar sauce: Mix the mayonnaise, pickle and brine, scallions, parsley and a pinch of kosher salt in a small bowl.
Season the salmon with kosher salt and pepper. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium; add the salmon and cook until golden brown on the bottom, 5 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the upper oven rack; bake until the salmon is just opaque, about 3 minutes.
Spread some tartar sauce on the rolls. Sandwich with the salmon (cut into pieces, if needed), lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with the fries and more tartar sauce for dipping.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine