- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dehydrated lemon peel
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley Dash hot sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Set up your grill for indirect heat at a medium-low temperature, about 275 degrees F.
Mix together the oregano, lemon peel and salt, pepper, in a small bowl. Lightly coat the fish with olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the catfish fillets.
Put the catfish on the grill away from the hot coals. Smoke the catfish until it is fully cooked through and golden brown, about for 45 minutes. Remove the fish from the grill to a serving platter and serve with the Orange Dill Cream Sauce.
Gina’s Creamy Orange Dill Sauce:
Add all the ingredients to a serving bowl and serve with the smoked catfish.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys
No Steps Found !