Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Tartines2015-06-26
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
- 12 extra-large eggs
- 1/3 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices 7-grain bread or round French bread ( boule)
- 8 slices good smoked salmon
Place the eggs in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse the processor 10 to 12 times to break up, but not puree, the eggs. Transfer the chopped eggs to a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper. Combine lightly with a fork.
Toast or grill the bread. Lay 1 slice of salmon on each piece of bread, spread on the egg salad, then garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve at room temperature.
2006, Barefoot Contessa at Home, All Rights Reserved