- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons dried or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (eyeball it)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (about 2/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (about 1/3 palmful)
- 4 large tilapia fillets (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total), halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Juice of 1 lemon
Position a rack on the top shelf of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees . Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a broiler pan and roast until crisp, 20 to 25 minutes; halve crosswise.
On a plate, combine the flour, cornmeal, dill, coriander and chili powder. Season the tilapia with salt and pepper on both sides and coat with the flour mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons EVOO, 3 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, add the fish and cook, turning once, until dark golden, 8 to 10 minutes total.
In a bowl, toss the lettuce and tomatoes with the lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons EVOO and salt and pepper to taste.
On each of 4 plates, layer a piece of tilapia, 2 bacon strips, a pile of salad, another piece of tilapia, 2 more bacon strips and more salad.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray