- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 40m
- 4 6 -ounce tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 6 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups baby arugula
One at a time, remove the fillets from the milk and dredge in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip in the eggs, then coat with the breadcrumbs, gently pressing to coat both sides. Transfer to a large plate.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Heat 2 tablespoons each olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets and cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining 2 fillets, adding 2 more tablespoons each olive oil and butter. Transfer the fish to the oven and bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Toss the arugula with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve the fish with the salad and lemon wedges.
Per serving: Calories 526; Fat 23 g (Saturated 7 g); Cholesterol 192 mg; Sodium 451 mg; Carbohydrate 34 g; Fiber 3 g; Protein 44 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Magazine